Monday, June 29, 2009

Effect of Death on Human Mind !!

It’s been a long time.. and... It’s the time to publish my first post of 2009..

The year, 2009, as per the Hindu calendar, is stated to be "Virodhi nama samvatsara" meaning - the year of doubts , opposition, change....

My personal observation over the last few days is a common news I'm hearing -
DEATH

Death of an acquaintance, death of a relative, death of a friend, death of a superstar......etc. A person’s death makes us fall more in love with the person. No matter how much we disliked the person and their activities, we still connect to the happy moments and all the positive times of their lives. Rare is an occasion that we mention about the negatives.

The question that arises in mind here is : "Do we humans need the death of a person to realise how much the person has contributed to us and directly/indirectly to the society?"

The recent incident which made this question ponder into my brains was the death of "King of Pop" Michael Jackson. As soon as this news was out, everyone(including me) had their messages tag lines filled with ... "We miss you MJ"... "Rest in Peace MJ"... "MJ u will rock forever"... and so on. People have started googling MJ tracks and are youtubing MJ videos.... and also purchasing MJ Albums....

Google declares enormous increase in the Michael Jackson related searches after his death.

Courtesy :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8120324.stm

http://watchnbaplayoffs2009.blogspot.com/2009/06/michael-jacksons-death-floods-google.html

Even I did the same... and it got back all the memories of the good old times of my childhood where I grew up listening to his hits.. And making innumerous attempts to get "The moonwalk" right... but what happened after I grew up.. I had forgotten Michael Jackson... He was used in jokes by many of my friends... "Child Molester", "Fake Nose"... etc. were words used for him... and today when he is no more we all are listening to his songs, dancing to them, and missing all the good times the dude gave us.

"What is the effect of death on the human mind??"

A few days back I was having a conversation with a person very close to my heart and I mentioned... how much has life to show us? We have so many experiences and so much learning from it. I suddenly said "What if I was to die tomorrow?".. My friend was wondering I have lost it and gone cuckoo in the head... But looking back in time... how many people on this earth whom we have known have died and still life for us moves on. If we were to sit and think of all the people we know who have died, I'm sure we would be casual about counting them on our finger tips... but the time and moment they died made us cry for them.. And that is was I call as reliving their life with their death...

It’s just like the rebirth of KING OF POP on 25th June 2009.

One who comes has to go... and would never go unless and until completing all the tasks that he/she is here for.....

I would end this post with a question to you all - "Would my death "really" make any difference to your life?"

Keep breathing and Living!!

Yours forever (even after death)!!

3 comments:

devang said...

wow! am the first one to comment on this post!


quite an intriguing post! sbutle, yet hard-hitting - so very true!!! :)

Niyati Isha said...

As Guruji says, all troubles we have in our lives is only because we forget the fact of death.

If we know we are going to die tomorrow and nothing is going to come with us, there won’t be any war for property, land, religion ... As everything is going to end one day – today or tomorrow ... with our last breath...

(WARNING: This fact shouldn’t make us passive – it just takes feverishness away from us ... And keeps us at peace... )

Would want to write a story here:

There was a young man in a village. He went to one of the famous saint in the city and asked him – “swamiji, don’t you feel greedy about things? Don’t you feel lust, anger, anxiety etc.? How don’t you get such kind of feelings? Are these feelings come only to normal people like us?”

Swamiji replied: “Well, I will not answer your question & waste your time. You know I’m enlightened & so I can see everyone’s future. “

“Hence, I would want to warn you for something. You are going to die in next seven days. I said it to you so that you can fulfil as many dreams of yours as you can. I will come to meet you on seventh day on this time to say you good bye.”

The guy became furious. He called everybody from the family, fulfilled his desires. And on the seventh day, he sat with his family waiting for his death to come.

The swamiji came in & laughed. He said – “you are not going to die. I said that to make you realize something.”

“Now tell me – during last seven day, how many times did you feel greed, lust, anger, agitation, anxiety ??? Zero times ?? Isn’t it ?”

“If someone would abuse you, you’ll smile and move on as u know u have a few hours on this planet !!!”

“Just like that – WE, Saints, know that today or tomorrow we are going to die. And everything will end up. We hardly have a few hours/months/years to live. WE ARE ALWAYS AWARE OF DEATH & that’s the only difference b/n normal people & saints. Got it?”

Awareness of Death makes us Joyous, relaxed, focused ... not Anxious ... :)

--------------------

I don’t understand you point about MJ -

He was abused because of whatever he did –

I mean – what do u expect everyone to do when there was news about him molesting children?
What kind of behaviour do u expect? Which way do u want us to react?

I mean – Are you trying to say that because he was going to die one day we should not have made fun of him? Or we should not have used “child molester” & “fake nosed” tags for him ???

WHY ????????????????

We know everything ends one day that doesn’t mean we should NOT stand against wrong ... NO ..

Just because he died whatever he did doesn’t become right dude. !!

People miss his music. Not the person who molested children.

-----------------------------

Your question– Would it make any difference to anybody, if you die tomorrow???

Well, for a few hours, days, months it will – but than life moves on. Nobody will sit & cry for any other person throughout his/her life. Not even you parents will do. And that’s the reality.

The world never waits for anybody. Not for you, not for me or not for any other person ...

It just moves on N on N on .......

Rikhav Acharya said...

@ devang : thanks
@ niyati : i like the ways u have expressed YOUR views.... thanx a bunch... and im sure u will be living upto them...